Sunday, October 4, 2009

Are you serious? Please do better.

OK....see this is another reason why I decided to leave Atlanta. A lot of people in Atl believe that they are celebrities and they are not. They think because they go to social events around the city, that they have actual "star" power. They think because they buy "nice" (cheap) outfits and take pictures by the "fake" paparazzi out at these events that they are really contributing to society. When in reality these people are mostly underachievers with low self esteem who are in dead end jobs and are headed towards a difficult future.

Nevertheless I was on Facebook today stirring up my typical ish. I make a comment on a pic jokingly. Then the joke goes west and I have to flex my "Internet" muscle on someone who keeps deleting the comments because honestly they are on the slow train to loserville. Nevertheless a third party is commenting as well and they leave an interesting comment that made me ponder. I will take an excerpt from the comment and try to analyze it because I honestly hope this person is not that clueless.

that's fine put us on blast then we will get more followers and publicity is good publicity and once us pr ppl flip this we will have our own reality show all off ur 2k emails u sent!

So after I deciphered that I gathered that in some people's mind they think it's cool to have a goal to be a reality star. Are you really serious? Is our society that messed up to where everyone thinks quick fame can put them on easy street? Grant it for 1 out of 100 celebrities this is true. The other 99 are pretty miserable. These are the ones you see on gossip sites or in newspaper articles in total disarray.

But whatever, who am I to judge what someone aims to be? All I'm saying is set realistic goals. Success doesn't come easy. If you aren't willing to put in hard work, then you will continue to stay on that treadmill called "the struggle." The struggle is a good place to be for a while, but eventually you have to evolve into your own. Take heed of these noble words and I didn't even go hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment