Sunday, September 27, 2009

Comfortable

So I had a friend stay the night the other day and I probably won’t let them stay over again. I mean have you ever had someone of the opposite sex stay the night at your house and just get entirely too comfortable. Keep in mind…..NOTHING HAPPENED. No sex, no kissing, no nothing.

So I wake up and she tells me “I got some of your juice.” I was thinking to myself WTF? So she continued to talk about how she got thirsty in the middle of the night.

TIME SLOWS DOWN IN MY HEAD INTO A FLASHBACK.

As I recall when I stayed the night over a female’s house and I got thirsty in the middle of the night. I do not take the liberty to go into their kitchen and look around for drinks. I would just go to the bathroom cup my hands under the sink and drink a few sips and go back to sleep.

Then she starts going on about what kinda pie I got in the fridge. I’m like I don’t have no effin pie in the refrigerator. So at this point, I am utterly disgusted because this ratchet has violated my personal space and I really want to kick her out. I didn’t I said let me go back to sleep.

Wake up an hour or so later and she gets up and goes into the bathroom. OK, fine. I am trying my best not to listen, but I am going down the list of things you can do in someone else’s bathroom if you are spending the night.

1. Piss

2. #2

3. Possibly Bathe if you are offered a towel

4. Wash your hands

This is what I came up with. I noticed that the sink is running for an extended period of time. I’m like wondering what she is doing. So she finally comes out and she sits on the bed. I noticed that she smells all minty and fresh (Keep in mind I don’t have mint mouthwash). My thought at that exact moment was I know she didn’t use my tooth brush. So I storm into the bathroom and check my tooth brush. Thank goodness, it was dry because she would have left looking like Rihanna. (No, I don’t condone domestic violence)

Now, I’m trying to figure out what she has used in the bathroom. First of all everything on the counter top is out of place. There is water on the counter like a 5 year old was using the sink. WTF? So I rearrange things, then I take a shower and I dry off and I go look at the other set of towels and I find my spare wash cloth damp hidden under the hand towel. At this point, I’m livid. So I gather all towels and put them in the washing machine, and she knows I found the wet wash cloth and is pretty embarrassed because you didn’t say a word till she left.

Answer me this good people? Am I wrong for thinking it is inappropriate for going into someone’s refrigerator to get a drink without asking. I don’t care if they are sleep or not. Is it wrong for someone to use items in your bathroom without asking? Is that not rude? Maybe it’s just me or maybe it’s just a lack of home training. Oh well………if anyone does this to me……just expect to be defriended or used for whatever you are good for.

8 comments:

  1. Congrats on the blog bruh. On to the question. I guess for me, it depends on how close I am with said female. If it is someone new, then you are absolutely on point. If it is a regular, I think it is okay to an extent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well she wasn't a regular. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This has never been a problem for me b/c I rarely let people stay at my place. You should count yourself as lucky if you even know where I stay. Only people in my close circle can come through and just chill on the regular. If you happen to spend a night I usually leave a towel/facecloth out on the counter b/c I expect that you're going to take a shower when you wake up in the morning. Unfortunately you're on your own for a toothbrush.

    I do feel it's inappropriate to rummage through someone's fridge without asking. But J let me ask you this... What was she supposed to do about being thirsty/funky, wake you up to ask first??

    ReplyDelete
  4. you can't ask me questions. moving along. this is not a back and forth thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Talk about too comfortable. If you want some water and you are staying at someone's house for the first time, and they are sleep, you go to the bathroom and cup your hands and sip or put your mouth under the sink.

    What happened to manners?

    ReplyDelete
  6. She should definitely ask before using anything in your bathroom. Further, for her to take a ho bath with the washcloth and then out it on the hand towel is nasty. She probably used that cloth on her vagina and people woulda been drying their hands in her leftover juices, nasty. How hard is it to open your mouth and ask for something? Geez.

    But I need you to not sleep so soundly that a chick could be up and walking all through your house and you not notice it. She could have been into all kinds of stuff. Unless this is your woman, sleep with one eye open at all times you have a chick over to the house.

    ReplyDelete
  7. No home training! If staying out, come prepared. If not prepared, ask. I would NEVER go through someone's personal stuff! If I wanted to bathe, I would have asked for a wash cloth and towel. I would be pissed!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think if you're going to ask someone to spend the night, then as a host/hostess you should make your guest feel comfortable. For example, offering them something to drink, or a towel in the morning. If you felt that uncomfortable you shouldn't have offered her to spend the night.
    Also, on the flip side if you are a guest and you spend the night over someone's house and you didn't bring a bag, then you need to leave as soon as you wake up.

    ReplyDelete